Monday, May 12, 2014

Fun & Games

Life is full of fun and games and we had an  episode this week.

On the 24th of May we will be on our WFPB Healthy Lifestyle Habit for 3 months.  At that time I am going to evaluate how I am doing to determine if I can stay on this lifestyle for the rest of my life.  Am I losing weight and also does it correct some of my health problems.

To prepare for this date I went to my family physician last Friday for a physical.  When he was checking my pulse rate it was extremely low so I had an EKG.  My pulse rate was 44 so he called my cardiologist and he said I should go to the emergency room at the hospital.  They gave me another EKG, a chest xray and drew more blood.  I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (low).  I took a heart monitor home and wore it for 24 hours.  This morning I went to my cardiologist and was told I need a pacemaker.  I am scheduled to go into the hospital tomorrow and have one placed in my chest and attached to my heart. 

They said I will be laid up for about 4 weeks.  I would appreciate any prayers on my behalf for a successful procedure and a rapid recovery.  This may slow me down somewhat in writing in this blog. 

The fun and games continue.

Larry Strong, forever strong in life.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you on your pacemaker. It is a fairly simple procedure to tolerate and you will find it makes a big difference. I had one implanted about seven years ago and it helps a lot!

    I was in the hospital at the time it was discovered that I needed one, my pulse was only 32. It helps a lot of that weakness to go away. Since that time I have only had to have the battery replaced once. The best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you, Larry! With your strong will, I know you'll weather this well. God bless you in a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad rocked it. TWICE. The hospital staff at times were a bit difficult as we tried explaining his desire to stick to his plant-based food plan. Of all people.

    ReplyDelete