Monday, April 7, 2014

Breakfast

Last Saturday we took our grandson out for his 18th birthday.  The restaurant he picked was Red Robin.  I searched the menu to find something I could eat that would be on my WFPB diet.  I ordered a vegan burger, which I previously did not know they served.  It had a whole wheat bun, a vegan patty (I don't have any idea of what it was made of), onions, tomatoes and pickles.  I added some ketchup. It came with a side of french fries so I substituted a side salad with no dressing or cheese.  I now take my own bottle of salad dressing when I eat out.  I had a fat free balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  The meal was OK but I don't think I like the vegan patty very much.  I prefer good old potatoes, rice and beans.

For breakfast I eat cold cereal 5 days a week.  We have Wheaties, Corn Flakes, Oats and More, Shredded Wheat and a couple of other grain cereals.  I use two tablespoons of flax seed sprinkled on the cereal. I also use unflavored, unsweetened almond milk.  Then I add some fresh fruit.  I like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and bananas.  

One meal a week I have oatmeal with chopped walnuts, flax seed and almond milk.  My seventh meal each week is vegan pancakes.  I put some sugar free syrup on it.

Six weeks down and two to go until my next weigh in.  

Forever strong in life.

Larry Strong

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Larry. I always look forward to Mondays and seeing your lastest post and reading about your triumphs. I appreciate your willingness to share with the world!

    How have you been feeling on this diet? You’ve discussed the drop in weight and the drop in insulin, but I’d be interested (in your next post) hearing more about anything else that has changed healthwise. Also, maybe you can tell us about how your family has reacted to your sudden change in diet?

    I look forward to next Monday!!

    ReplyDelete