Monday, February 24, 2014

The Big Day

Today is the day I start my WFPB diet.

Breakfast
Whole wheat cereal
Unsweetened almond milk
Sliced fresh strawberries

I normally sweeten my cereal with stevia.  But Jane recommends I don't use stevia so I can get used to the natural unsweetened taste of food, so that is what I did.  The meal was very satisfying and I was full.  I also used to have a whey protein drink every morning with breakfast.  No more.

Lunch
Baked potato stuffed with cooked green beans, mushrooms and pico de Gallo.
Sliced cooked squash
Cooked carrots
Small scoop of white rice
Slice of honeydew melon

Dinner
Baked potato stuffed with pinto beans and pico de gallo.
Slice of honeydew melon

Evening Snack
1/2 apple
I am so full I could only eat half of it


4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, your lunch sounds so good, Larry! Great job. I'm excited for you. Just keep stringing those WFPB days together and the next thing you know you'll have weeks and months behind you and will be experiencing all kinds of health benefits!
    I'm glad to see the starch at the center of both meals: its what keeps you satisfied.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duffy for your support. I am going to make it

      Delete
  2. You're off to a good start, Larry! I use lots of salsa/pico de Gallo, along with the Walnut Sauce recipe in my book (p. 170). I've been praying for you all day. It makes me happy to know you've put your hand to the plow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane for your support. I have tried about every diet that comes along, but this is the first time I have really felt good about a diet. While reading your book I had a spiritual insight that this diet is really what the word of wisdom is all about. It was originally given not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation. (by the way, I do have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost as described in section 121 and in the blessing on the bread)

      I have never before considered a vegan diet because I always thought it was championed by a bunch of weirdos whose only purpose was to not harm animals. That is part of it and I agree, but it is really God's plan for good health.

      Thank you, thank you, thank you

      Your brother in the gospel
      Larry

      Delete