Saturday, February 22, 2014

Exercise

I have been physically active all of my life in spite of my weight.

In High School I weighed about 220.  I majored in football, track and wrestling.  I received two college football scholarships but instead I took an academic scholarship to BYU (remember, I am a rocket scientist by profession).

I used to play a lot of racket ball during my lunch time at work.  Later I would walk in the mornings for 1/2 hour.  I also bought an exercise bike and a treadmill which I regularly used. 

When I had congestive heart failure in 2002 I was in such poor health I could no longer exercise.  My doctor had me do physical therapy which included 1 1/2 hours water aerobics twice a week in a pool.  I fell in love with the water.  I could go a whole session and not hurt.  I have been  doing water aerobics twice a week for 12 years and I am still doing it.  I think it is one of the things that has kept me alive.

I plan on continue doing water aerobics for the rest of my life.  Or at least until my health improves so I can do other exercises.

Love that Water

Forever Strong in Life
Larry Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment