Monday, February 17, 2014

A Little of my History

Schooling

I graduated from BYU in 1959 (same class as Orin Hatch) with a BS in Physics and Math.  I got a masters degree in Engineering Administration (MEA) from the University of Utah in 1968.  Now each year when BYU plays the U of U I am always on the winning side.

Employment

I am a rocket scientist.  In 1959 I went to work for Autonetics, a division of North American Aviation, in Anaheim, California.  They build the inertial navigation unit (INU) for the Minuteman missile.  In 1960 I worked for the acceptance test unit at Autonetics.  We helped check out the first INU the Air Force bought for the Minuteman.  This missile was launched from Cape Canaveral, FL on Feb 1, 1961 with "pickle barrel" accuracy.  I worked 13 years in industry and 30 years for the government.

Retirement

I retired on my 65th birthday in 2002.  Three days later I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure.  This caused me to retain water and I had gained to 600 pounds.  I ended up in the hospital where I nearly died.  I had really scary hallucinations (no, I have never used drugs).  After several months I lost all of the water weight.  I have been retired for 12 years and it has been pretty nice, except for my health problems which I hope to solve or alleviate with my new diet plan.

Forever strong in life
Larry Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment