Monday, March 24, 2014

Fourth Week Weigh In

I began the WFPB diet 4 weeks ago today on 24 February 2014.  I then weighed 412 pounds.  Today I weighed me and I now weigh 392 pounds.  This is a loss of 20 pounds in 4 weeks for an average loss of 5 pounds a week.

When I began this diet I resolved to stay on it at least 3 month, no matter what.  Then I would evaluate it based on 3 factors.  First, will I lose weight on this diet.  Second, do I have more energy and is my overall health improving.  Third, will I be able to stay on this diet for the rest of my life or will the food be so bad that I can't adjust.  To date I can give a resounding YES!!! to all three of these criteria.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Jane Birch for helping me find the solution to a problem that has plagued me all my life.  I really believe my diet dilemma has been solved.

Last Wednesday, March 19, was our 55th wedding anniversary.  I told my wife I would take her out to eat any place she wanted and I would try to find something on the menu I could eat.  She loves pizza so she picked the Pizza Pie Cafe.  They have a salad bar so I took my bottle of fat free balsamic vinaigrette dressing and had a really nice salad.  They also have a pasta bar so I had some whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce.  Yummy, yummy.

 Yesterday I had soup for lunch and again for dinner.  It was Dr. McDougall's vegan soup.  I had minestrone for lunch and chunky tomato for supper.  They were both really good.

It has been a great month and I have a lot of hope for the future.  Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments and prayers.

Forever strong in life,

Larry Strong

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome, Larry! I'm going to have to put you on the cover of my next book! I know everyone who is reading your story is inspired by your example. If anyone would like to read the book, Discovering the Word of Wisdom, you can find more about it here: http://discoveringthewordofwisdom.com/buy-book/about-the-book/

    ReplyDelete